Original content by
Good afternoon Jeannette,
I hope this message finds you well.
I am reaching out to see whether you might be interested in an Escalation Manager opportunity.
I have included a brief job description below. Let me know if you are interested and we can speak about this opportunity further. If you are not interested, it would still be great to hear from you to get an update on what you are working on at the moment.
Lastly, if you know anyone in your network who might be interested in this opportunity, please feel free to pass on my details.
Look forward to hearing from you and have a great day!
Interesting. Perhaps not.
Firstly, I have never heard of this person or been in touch with the organization she works for before.
Secondly, I did call her back, as per the normal manners should anyone call you, even a head hunter, recruiter or your favorite job description for this role.
She referenced my resume being in their “data base” from quite a while ago [how she came to reach out to me].
Thirdly, I wonder: “isn’t there was a rule that was going to be enforced that does not allow employment agencies to approach people unsolicited, without your permission. Especially by email?”
Well, the main point of sharing this is because the company she was calling on behalf of is an employer. It may indicate that the sender had not reviewed who the letter was being sent to, never mind reviewed my resume?
If I were the client engaging this organization, they may wonder how they research the candidates they may put forward. [In my case, not an option].
She was kind enough to forward the job description, which is really a nice touch.
On behalf of our client, actively seeking an Escalation Manager who will perform incident management duties on high-severity troubles for our client’s partners as well as end customer sales fulfillment escalations.
Escalation Manager Job Details
- Assess, monitor and escalate resolution activities
- Communicate status and impact on issues/escalations
- Assess and prioritize issues and the inherent risks
- Coordinate resolution activities as required
- Ensure implementation or restoral of service operation or resolution of issue as quickly as possible with minimal disruptions to our customers
- Develop and maintain meaningful records
- Maintain and enhance the NGM issues and risks management system
- Communicate incident status and progress in a timely manner to all concerned parties
- Assist in the relationship management between resolving groups, service management and the customer key contacts
- Ensure the best resource utilization in supporting the business and the customer
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for E2E Service Assurance and/or Fulfillment process
- Work collaboratively with others across the organization and build strong inter/intra departmental relationships
- Provide coaching back to team members across the organization to drive accountability and learning
- Be a process champion consistently looking for better solutions
- Make recommendations to enhance or simply process, and metrics to monitor process performance.
- Own and revise as needed our commercial and residential RACI charts
- Facilitate meetings with a cross section of internal stakeholders
Escalation Manager Mandatory Skills
- Experience with Salesforce, Domo, Jira
- Knowledge of Wireless and Wireline products and services
- Solid problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively
- Excellent customer service in fast-paced, high stress environment
- Strong sense of ownership (customer-focus)
- Facilitate meetings with a cross section of industry players
Jeannette is a familiar social media personality as @optioneerJM – she blogs and writes as she learns and shares what she learns. She lives in Calgary, Alberta CANADA and is an unofficial ambassador for the city she loves.